Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Chalk"

Through the month of November, our Ed Psych Monday night meetings consisted of watching a movie entitled "Chalk" in the auditorium. Here's a trailer clip to wet your palate!



I found this film interesting and humorous, but at the same time, it made me feel pretty apprehensive about the whole "teaching" thing. The whole time, I was just thinking to myself: "Alex, don't worry. You're going to be a choir director - not one of these floundering academic subject teachers caged up in a classroom with desks and problem students." I don't know how much of that I can really rely on, but I guess that's how things go! It's a bit scary, looking into the "future" by viewing yourself as one of these characters.

So to anyone who reads this who ISN'T a music ed student, I would like to ask: How did this movie make you feel? Did it change your prospect on being a teacher at all? I would love to hear some varying opinions.

No comments: